When doing management on the SharePoint 2010 environment I found an error message stating:
Insufficient SQL database permissions for user ‘Name: SID: ImpersonationLevel: Impersonation’ in database ‘SharePoint_Config’ on SQL Server instance ‘’. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.
The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ‘proc_GetProductVersions’, database ‘SharePoint_Config’, schema ‘dbo’.
In order to fix this issue the follwing has to be done:
- In the database server, expand SharePoint Config database and naviage to Programmability/Stored Procedures/dbo.proc_GetProductVersions using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right click on the above stored procedure and select Properties.
- On the popup screen, select Permissions on the left and click Search button.
- On the new popup screen, click Search, select [WSS_Content_Application_Pools] database role and click OK.
- Select Execute permissions.
- Click OK again.
No restart needed. This fixed the issue for me.